App keeps restarting itself

Ruud00

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys
I have used TheSun mobile app on my acer liquid metal for sometime now , however the past two days i havent been able to login to use the app , as soon as i try to type my password the app restarts itself making it impossible to enter password , i have tried restarting my phone , uninstall app, but i still cant log in.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That app gets even worse reviews than the first one I linked to! But it looks like the reason here is more for dissatisfaction with subscription costs.

Try emailing the developer: sunplus@the-sun.co.uk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the developer, with the source code, and the knowledge of what's going on inside the app, can't help you, I doubt anyone else can. There are two things needed to fix a bug - the ability to reproduce it at will (that means that the developer has to be able to reproduce it in his development environment) and the source code, so he can see what's making it do what it;'s doing.

Everything else is ""empirical engineering" (guesswork). That;s not to say that someone can't give you a guess that turns out to be right, but it's still just guesswork. If you can't change the code here and there to see how it's behaving, and only the developer can do that, you can't point to the problem and say "that's definitely what it is". And if you can't do that, you can't fix it.

Ruud00

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
If the developer, with the source code, and the knowledge of what's going on inside the app, can't help you, I doubt anyone else can. There are two things needed to fix a bug - the ability to reproduce it at will (that means that the developer has to be able to reproduce it in his development environment) and the source code, so he can see what's making it do what it;'s doing.

Everything else is ""empirical engineering" (guesswork). That;s not to say that someone can't give you a guess that turns out to be right, but it's still just guesswork. If you can't change the code here and there to see how it's behaving, and only the developer can do that, you can't point to the problem and say "that's definitely what it is". And if you can't do that, you can't fix it.

But the thing is it was working fine then all of a sudden started playing up by not letting me log in, in the reply i got it did say they were unable to reproduce the problem.
its just annoying.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It may be annoying, but it's also true that you can't fix an unreproducible problem. The developer has to have the problem in order to fix it. It's like your car engine is missing, so you bring it to the dealer, but it stops missing on the way there. He can replace everything reasonable, but if the problem is a piece of dirt at the outlet of the gas tank, he won't have fixed the problem. And there's no equivalent of "replacing parts" in software. (It once took us 6 months to get to the point that we could reproduce a little database problem. Then it took about 2 minutes to fix. But we could have spent 6 years puttering with it and never finding the cause.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc