Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App keeps restarting itself

Hi guys
    I have used TheSun mobile app on my acer liquid metal for sometime now , however the past two days i havent been able to login to use the app , as soon as i try to type my password the app restarts itself making it impossible to enter password , i have tried restarting my phone , uninstall app, but i still cant log in.

Any ideas?

Default Re: App keeps restarting itself

Welcome to Android Central! Is it this app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.thesunepaper. If so, I do notice a number of reviews complaining of app crashes, so maybe it's just not designed that well. You could try emailing the developer at support@thesundaily.com.

Try going to Settings>Apps, selecting TheSun, and tapping Clear Cache and Clear Data, then try again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

This is the app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....thesun.mobile

I have tried clearing cache,data.

That app gets even worse reviews than the first one I linked to! But it looks like the reason here is more for dissatisfaction with subscription costs.

Try emailing the developer: sunplus@the-sun.co.uk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Had a reply from the developer and they dont know what is causing it.
    can anyone else help

Global Posts
    20,068 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

If the developer, with the source code, and the knowledge of what's going on inside the app, can't help you, I doubt anyone else can. There are two things needed to fix a bug - the ability to reproduce it at will (that means that the developer has to be able to reproduce it in his development environment) and the source code, so he can see what's making it do what it;'s doing.

Everything else is ""empirical engineering" (guesswork). That;s not to say that someone can't give you a guess that turns out to be right, but it's still just guesswork. If you can't change the code here and there to see how it's behaving, and only the developer can do that, you can't point to the problem and say "that's definitely what it is". And if you can't do that, you can't fix it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    If the developer, with the source code, and the knowledge of what's going on inside the app, can't help you, I doubt anyone else can. There are two things needed to fix a bug - the ability to reproduce it at will (that means that the developer has to be able to reproduce it in his development environment) and the source code, so he can see what's making it do what it;'s doing.

Everything else is ""empirical engineering" (guesswork). That;s not to say that someone can't give you a guess that turns out to be right, but it's still just guesswork. If you can't change the code here and there to see how it's behaving, and only the developer can do that, you can't point to the problem and say "that's definitely what it is". And if you can't do that, you can't fix it.
    But the thing is it was working fine then all of a sudden started playing up by not letting me log in, in the reply i got it did say they were unable to reproduce the problem.
    its just annoying.

Global Posts
    20,068 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

It may be annoying, but it's also true that you can't fix an unreproducible problem. The developer has to have the problem in order to fix it. It's like your car engine is missing, so you bring it to the dealer, but it stops missing on the way there. He can replace everything reasonable, but if the problem is a piece of dirt at the outlet of the gas tank, he won't have fixed the problem. And there's no equivalent of "replacing parts" in software. (It once took us 6 months to get to the point that we could reproduce a little database problem. Then it took about 2 minutes to fix. But we could have spent 6 years puttering with it and never finding the cause.)