- 2 Posts
[Q] Can't boot into recovery Karbonn a6
I have a Karbonn A6 phone given to me by my friend because it was locked. It's asking for gmail user/pass but he doesn't have it. I tried to boot into recovery mode using Power+Volume Up button but all I get is a white triangle with an exclamation mark in it. I can't seem to go beyond that. USB debugging was perhaps not enabled unless it was enabled by default. There is no camera button, only power and Volume Up/Down. What do I do?
I just need to get this phone working somehow. Any help would be really appreciated. Is there a way to use a computer and a USB cable to get it running? Please do help.
- 04-11-2014, 02:21 AM #2
Re: [Q] Can't boot into recovery Karbonn a6
It's Gingerbread hardware, running ICS, which is going to make it slow, and it only does 2G (voice, text and VERY slow speed data - about like dial-up). Is it really worth the effort, when it's worth about $49 retail (if that much)? You can buy similar phones, new, for less.
USB debugging in Android is disabled by default, but that wouldn't prevent the phone from going into recovery.
The reason it's asking for the gmail login is because someone tried the lockscreen code or pattern too many times. And that sounds like a stolen phone. Assuming you could get it working, you probably couldn't use it anyway, because it would be on the stolen phone list.
- 2 Posts
- 09-23-2016, 04:10 AM #4
- By gdstudiogame in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2015, 08:03 AM
- By millermansion in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 1Last Post: 04-14-2014, 10:29 AM
- By Bobby Walters in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 04-10-2014, 03:45 PM
- By Nguyenning in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 04-10-2014, 02:10 PM
- By andrewkantor in forum LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 04-09-2014, 03:35 PM