Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone from hong kong - is it a knock off?

looking at buying this currently:

New Samsung SGH i927 Captivate Glide 8GB Black Unlocked Smartphone 5848384848482 | eBay

but im not sure how to tell if it would be legit samsung hardware?

i did google search where samsung makes their products and it did say china/hong kong.... is it real?

There is a bit of negative feedback saying some people bought new phones but recieved used phones. but the majority of the feedback is positive.

should i search instead for one from the US?

Default Re: Phone from hong kong - is it a knock off?

No, they have good feedbacks.

Global Posts
    5,965 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

The only way to tell is once you have the phone, run a "genuine Galaxy" program on it.

But the vast majority of "Samsung" phones coming out of China are counterfeits. (And it's a bit [for huge values of "a bit"] overpriced for a 3G phone. Especially one that's 2-1/2 years old and can't be upgraded past Ice Cream Sandwich [4.0].)

Look on Swappa Buy and sell AT&T > Swappa At least you;ll know you're buying the real thing.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

hmm... so what would happen if i were to buy one knowing its a counterfiet? Would it still run and operate the exact same? Reason im looking at this one is for the qwerty, and when rooted will run android 4.4 with ease ive read. but even stock will upgrade to android 4.0.

the other more legit one on ebay im looking at (nothing on swappa), is going to cost me 191 once shipping is factored in, then i have to convert that to canadian... i was hoping to only spend about $150CAD on it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Looking around some more. the ebay listing for the hong kong based one shows all of the same things as far as internal storage and such as the more expensive US based one does.

i dont know if they just literally copy and pasted or not though. who can say...

If you get a fake, no it won't have the same internal hardware. It will have much smaller internal storage than they say, and poor quality other hardware. It isn't worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2