How to synch or easily copy Google Map widgets from one device to another?

Gregg Cleland

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

First post, be gentle. :p

I use Google Map widgets a lot on my Android tablet. Am I able to synch or otherwise easily copy these to my phone?

Cheers ~

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! All Android devices have Google Maps. Are you taking about sending a particular route from your tablet to your phone?

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Gregg Cleland

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Kind of. I've got Google Maps on my phone and tablet. That's fine. But I normally set up quite a few widgets for the customers we have to visit for the week and sometimes it would be good to be able to have access to those widgets on my phone; like if they were in synch so there was a copy on my phone; or even if they were available thru Google Drive for example I guess. Perhaps that's one way to do it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm still a little unclear on what you're trying to do. The widgets that you're setting up on customers' phones--are they map widgets? There is no actual Google Maps widget. When you say "widget," are you talking about the things you can place on a homescreen that you can interact with, or that have dynamically refreshing data (like a weather widget or a clock widget)? Or are you talking about the Google Maps app?

Since your customers have their own Google accounts, you won't be able to control their widgets. However, if you're talking about setting up maps to share, you could try creating custom maps using My Maps on the classic Google Maps interface on the web, and then sharing those custom maps with your customers. The tricky thing is that the customers would have to access those maps using Google Maps on the mobile browser, because the current Google Maps doesn't support the classic My Maps feature. Here are some links to learn more:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/62843
How to access My Maps on Android after Google Maps update - CNET

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2