Samsung Galaxy s3 is laggy?

Jerry Reyes1

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
This is my first post so sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

Hello, I was recently given a used samsung galaxy s3. Before this I had the LG Optimus f3 and I completely loved that phone except for the internal storage and ram which was 4gb and 1 gb respectively. It was rooted and was running on 4.1.2 Jelly bean. With its limited storage I had to rely on having basically everything on my external sd card. This is why I decided to give the galaxy s3 a chance.

It has now been a week and I am not happy with this new phone. Even though it is running on 4.3, has four times the internal storage, and 1.5 times the Ram it seems to lag a crap load more than my older phone. Granted, it is not rooted(and am not planning on rooting it since it still has warranty and it is an expensive phone) but I still disabled almost every pre-installed application that is allowed. I am using Nova with three screens, four widgets(calendar, music, clock, and google search bar), and ripple effect deactivated. I have clean master, and fast reboot, and use them regularly as I would do with my older phone. The battery life is also another big issue for me. This phone lasts about 6-9 hours with small-regular use. Even with apps like Juice defender this phone seems to have very poor battery life. also, I have been noticing weird battery problems from charge not reaching 100% to dying when at 5% to even having the phone read 0% while charging. This could be due to the fact that it is not a new battery but it is still no older than a year. I also find myself having to kill all apps that are running and "clearing memory" from ram quite often.

Anyway, why is it that this phone lags so much when my old phone was basically lag free? is it because of 4.3? the possibly defective battery? the phone? Is there any way I can improve my phone's performance that I have not already done? Should I just switch back to my old phone? I would rather make this phone run as good as my old phone was because this phone has a lot of more memory. oh and I did do a factory reset when I got it. I am also not running on power saving mode(unless my phone has low battery) The phone is usually running on 850 mb to 950mb of ram and most apps that take up this space are pre-installed apps except facebook(which keeps turning on by itself even though i set the refresh interval to never)

Here are some of the apps that I have downloaded and use on my phone:
4shared
9gag
adfree
alarm clock plus
best wallpapers hd
clean master
counties location maps quiz
dictionary
drive
epsxe(playstation emulator) also have like 5gb worth of roms on my external sd card
facebook
fast reboot
gmail
google play services
google play story
google search
google text-to-speech engine
gpa calculator
hangouts
hulu plus
juice defender
juice defender ultimate
blackboard learn
maps
maxthon browser
mobile life
music maniac pro
netflix
nova launcher
podcast addict
quizup
samsung push service
supern64(emulator)
swiftkey
tasker
textra
unit converter
visual voicemail
youtube
zedge
All of these apps were on my old phone as well

Device name- sgh-t999 (T-mobile version)
android version-4.3
Kernel- 3.0.31-1962493

Sorry if I gave too much unnecessary information but I felt it was necessary.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance