Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default few questions :D

how do you find smileys on galaxy s4, how do you get rid of old iphone calendar and to set up new calender? how do you move pictures to sd card? and screen shots how do you take a picture of your screen? i do like my galaxy over my iphone just having a hard time figuring things out
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: few questions :D

and the dropbox? how do i use it..

To take a screenshot, press the power button and the home button at the same time for a few seconds

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    22,196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne Pompana View Post
    and the dropbox? how do i use it..
    Drop box is an cloud based service that allows you to upload files. The app is aware of data caps, and is default to be data friendly. Once uploaded to Dropbox, you can download copies of the files, and they are only deletable form the desktop site.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

As for Dropbox:
    It is a service through which you can upload files, pictures etc. to your personal storage on the internet.
    It is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry etc.

You will need a Dropbox account for getting the storage, it is usually 2 GB when you make your account, and you can refer other people by requesting them to join and it gets you an extra 500 MB (I think).
    When activated on your phone, you can turn on camera upload to save pictures on Dropbox as you capture them. In case your phone gets stolen or destroyed, your pictures will be safe in your Dropbox account.

I use it mainly for uploading documents on my PC and then access it on any other PC or my phone.

If you have a Dropbox activated your computer, just as you upload something through your phone, it will be downloaded on your computer.

For more information
    Dropbox (service) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    https://www.dropbox.com/help

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Drop box is an cloud based service that allows you to upload files. The app is aware of data caps, and is default to be data friendly. Once uploaded to Dropbox, you can download copies of the files, and they are only deletable form the desktop site.

No, you can delete a file from any Dropbox app, website or computer client

Global Posts
    22,196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedbatty View Post
    No, you can delete a file from any Dropbox app, website or computer client
    I stand corrected. The last time I tried this I do not recall a delete option, and have not tried since (until a few minutes ago). I am sorry for the incorrect information.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I stand corrected. The last time I tried this I do not recall a delete option, and have not tried since (until a few minutes ago). I am sorry for the incorrect information.
    No need to apologize dude.
    We are here to help each other.

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

You can move pictures to the SD card by plugging the phone into a computer and dragging the pictures to the external storage. You can also set the camera to save pictures to your SD card instead of internal storage. Open the camera, click on the settings icon and change save location to external storage.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne Pompana View Post
    how do you find smileys on galaxy s4, how do you get rid of old iphone calendar and to set up new calender? how do you move pictures to sd card? and screen shots how do you take a picture of your screen? i do like my galaxy over my iphone just having a hard time figuring things out
    Hello Daphne.
    To have pictures
    saved or moved into the SD card you can do the following suggestion from UJ95x.

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    You can move pictures to the SD card by plugging the phone into a computer and dragging the pictures to the external storage. You can also set the camera to save pictures to your SD card instead of internal storage. Open the camera, click on the settings icon and change save location to external storage.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    But, if you want to move pictures already taken from the phone's storage into the SD card, without using a computer, do this:

Go to the app gallery, choose the album you want pictures moved (normally called Camera).

Long press for about a second any picture. You'll see a small dark square with a green check mark inside on the picture you touched. And all the pictures will have the empty square, choose each picture one by one.

On the top of the screen, right side of the gallery icon you'll see a rectangle that reads 1 Selec...
    Press that and than choose "Select all".

After that, press menu (it's on the left of the Home button at the bottom).
    You'll see several options, choose Move.

You'll have a list of options:
    Move to
    The first and second options should say Camera.
    But the second option has a SD card icon.
    Press on that option and the selected pictures will be moved to the SD card.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by 3: