Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unwanted continuous alarm upon any notification

At some point in the past (in a moment of foolishness), I installed some piece of software on my Samsung S4 that sounds an audible alarm whenever any notification appears on the bar. It starts beeping and will not stop until I swipe down. As my employer has insisted on a password, this is now often a minute-long process and very annoying and occasionally embarrassing.

Note, I like notifications; I just want to stop this alarm going off every time I get one from any application.

I cannot find anything intuitive in any list of applications or any other system list. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Unwanted continuous alarm upon any notification

Welcome to Android Central
    You say you installed third party software on your S4. Do you remember exactly what it was that you downloaded?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Global Posts
    30,896 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by richardchaven#AC View Post
    At some point in the past (in a moment of foolishness), I installed some piece of software on my Samsung S4 that sounds an audible alarm whenever any notification appears on the bar. It starts beeping and will not stop until I swipe down. As my employer has insisted on a password, this is now often a minute-long process and very annoying and occasionally embarrassing.

Note, I like notifications; I just want to stop this alarm going off every time I get one from any application.

I cannot find anything intuitive in any list of applications or any other system list. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would suggest that, if you think it is a third party app, to start uninstalling them. Or if it was one you recently installed, you can go to the Play store and see you recently installed apps.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No, that's the maddening thing! I cannot remember the name.

I vaguely remember looking at it and thinking it would help if I had left my phone in another room. But it turns out that it is merely annoying, and now inconvenient.

Cheers