Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Suggest a camera app

Hello AC,

I'm loving the screen size of my LG G2 that I just bought. However, there is one thing about my wife's Moto G that I love: the camera app. I don't care about fancy photo features. The buttonless shutter is the most useful thing ever to me. I want to focus on my kids in my shot, not where my finger is tapping. Does anyone know an app in the Play Store that mimics the tap-anywhere-to-capture-a-picture feature?

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Suggest a camera app

Quote Originally Posted by thehyperone View Post
    Hello AC,

I'm loving the screen size of my LG G2 that I just bought. However, there is one thing about my wife's Moto G that I love: the camera app. I don't care about fancy photo features. The buttonless shutter is the most useful thing ever to me. I want to focus on my kids in my shot, not where my finger is tapping. Does anyone know an app in the Play Store that mimics the tap-anywhere-to-capture-a-picture feature?

Posted via Android Central App
    The free app 'A better camera' has a setting that changes the hardware volume button on your phone into a shutter button. Ideal for simple quick snapshots, imo.
    At the same time the app retains the possibility to tap the screen to make the exposure while the lens focuses on the part of the image that you tapped. So you can both have your cake and eat it!

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

Default Re: Suggest a camera app

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    The free app 'A better camera' has a setting that changes the hardware volume button on your phone into a shutter button. Ideal for simple quick snapshots, imo.
    At the same time the app retains the possibility to tap the screen to make the exposure while the lens focuses on the part of the image that you tapped. So you can both have your cake and eat it!
    It seems that most third party camera apps, including this one, cannot use the full resolution capability of the hardware. To be fair, though, this one is much better than the others I've tried. From a cursory test I find it produces photos with about a third the pixel size as compared to the stock camera. But with the stock camera app and hardware on my phone capable of 16 Mpx, a third of that is still pretty good and probably quite adequate in most situations. By contrast, some of the crappier apps I've looked at have as little as a tenth of the resolution power as stock.