We have a Nexus7 that is mostly used by the kids. I keep an eye on what they use it for etc. today I found that on my sons account a popup keeps appearing in the centre of the screen saying "Ad Service" and then a number, for instance "Ad Service470" This displays for a couple of seconds disappears and then reappears with the next number, ie "Ad Service471".
I asked him how long this has been happening and got the answer "oh ages" as if it was of no concern (bloody kids).
Anyone know what it is or how to deal with it?
- 04-14-2014, 02:46 PM #2
Re: Ad Service
Welcome to Android Central! Popups like that are typically associated with a particular app, and can be hard to pinpoint short of uninstalling apps one by one and seeing if it goes away. Apps like AirPush Detector might be helpful, but they usually detect ads that appear in the Notification Bar, rather than popups.[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
- By Anil Sabharwal in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 20Last Post: 01-30-2016, 07:13 AM
- By foodfan in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 04-23-2014, 07:26 PM
- By EnzoS in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 3Last Post: 04-18-2014, 04:03 PM
- By Lee MacMillan in forum HTC One XReplies: 1Last Post: 04-12-2014, 05:53 PM
- By almaach in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2014, 12:43 PM