- 5 Posts
google play, way to set automatic "keep on device", or other program to manage music?
So, I switched over to android from an iphone when the S5 came out - partially because I loath apple, partially because it seemed like(and is) an awesome phone.
However, I'm having one minor issue with it, and that's music management. Currently I'm just using the google play app, but my issue with THAT is I'd prefer to keep all my music ON the device so that I don't use data just to listen to music(Yes, it does cache it, but still). I've been putting my favorite albums as "keep on device", but the biggest issue is I have a LOT of music, and I don't want to have to go through every album and click the pin.
So,is there a way to make it so the play app uses "store on device" as the default? are there any other programs/apps to manage music on android similar to itunes?
- 04-15-2014, 02:52 AM #2
Re: google play, way to set automatic "keep on device", or other program to manage music?
Welcome to Android Central! Your best bet is to download your entire Google Music Library from the website (most easily done using the Google Music Manager program on your computer), unmount and remove the external microSD card from your phone, insert it into your computer, and then transfer all of the music that you want onto the card. Then plug it back into your phone, set Google Play Music to list only music "On Device" from the dropdown menu at top left. The app should remember your preference whenever you open it.
- By nickacs in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 12-06-2014, 02:22 PM
- By accendo in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 47Last Post: 11-24-2014, 11:05 PM
- By Woody Preston in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2014, 12:26 PM
- By Evilguppy in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2014, 08:56 PM
- By smooth4lyfe in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM