Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gallery, 100Media, etc

Just got the M8 and love it as I knew I would. I had the M7

But the galleries for HTC are so different than any other makers. Samsung mainly

Samsung's gallery is straightforward. HTC? Not so much. I never used 100Media, didn't know what it was and my camera/videos/wallpaper folders worked fine

Now I have the Gallery on HTC. I know how to use the basics of it, hide files etc, and I see the Zoe's up top. My question for this gallery is: is there a way to isolate simply the pictures you have taken with a camera, not the videos with it, and not any other pics like my wallpapers. It seems like I get all of them or my vids and camera pics

What is more confusing is the fact that I don't need to use that. I started using Quikpic for the purpose of fixing the date, enabling sorting from date etc. I was told and experienced Android is very inconsistent with that. I love Quik Pik

But with the HTC it is a little confusing
    I was told that HTC created the 100Media? ...by the app creator. Yet I could swear that I saw it on previous phones. Nexus, Samsung, etc.
    In any case, the Zoe's are supposed to go there. I can answer my own question. They don't appear there because just as another phone that doesn't do Zoe's can't play a Zoe, nor can an app, correct

Help me understand if I changed things to be the way they should be, for this app, and for this phone
    I just moved all my camera pics to 100Media I believe it works perfect. New camera pics show there. BUT there are about 5 or 6 files that I delete, could restart the phone and they come back.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Ty
    Eric
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Gallery, 100Media, etc

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    Just got the M8 and love it as I knew I would. I had the M7

But the galleries for HTC are so different than any other makers. Samsung mainly

Samsung's gallery is straightforward. HTC? Not so much. I never used 100Media, didn't know what it was and my camera/videos/wallpaper folders worked fine

Now I have the Gallery on HTC. I know how to use the basics of it, hide files etc, and I see the Zoe's up top. My question for this gallery is: is there a way to isolate simply the pictures you have taken with a camera, not the videos with it, and not any other pics like my wallpapers. It seems like I get all of them or my vids and camera pics

What is more confusing is the fact that I don't need to use that. I started using Quikpic for the purpose of fixing the date, enabling sorting from date etc. I was told and experienced Android is very inconsistent with that. I love Quik Pik

But with the HTC it is a little confusing
    I was told that HTC created the 100Media? ...by the app creator. Yet I could swear that I saw it on previous phones. Nexus, Samsung, etc.
    In any case, the Zoe's are supposed to go there. I can answer my own question. They don't appear there because just as another phone that doesn't do Zoe's can't play a Zoe, nor can an app, correct

Help me understand if I changed things to be the way they should be, for this app, and for this phone
    I just moved all my camera pics to 100Media I believe it works perfect. New camera pics show there. BUT there are about 5 or 6 files that I delete, could restart the phone and they come back.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Ty
    Eric
    Ohoo not again, well this is the third thread I am answering which just complains about some......... !! Some complaints about the poor battery life, loose power and volume button and now you are complaining about confusion in navigating around!! Well anyways I would thank you because I was actually planning to get one but now I think i should divert my mind towards some different options.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Gallery, 100Media, etc

Whoaaa Kelly ....HOLD ON

I never once complained. And I never wanted this thread to be about this. So please if you have a question or a simple response to this, please post a separate thread. The phone is awesome. Speakers are the best, Volume button NEVER lost power. The best phone. Every phone does something different. If I looked for how to turn boomsound on on a Galaxy and couldn't find the setting, I wouldn't complain. It's not there. HTC just does the Gallery differently. I simply want to know what the folder is and how to use it