What phone to buy - Now have Galaxy S2

oktalwind

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have had my galaxy s2 since the day it came out. Works fine but its a bit slow now on gmail, facebook and browser apps. Also would like a bigger screen and better camera.

What phone should I get now? G2? S5? M8? Anything else?

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Note 3 :)

Or... based on the ridiculous amounts of threads I've read over the past couple of days, the Note 3 is absolutely the phone recommended by most.

Take it for what you will... I have one coming to me soon :)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd get the M8

If you'd like to save some cash look at the G2. Great phone

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5 is always a consideration. Super fast & smooth, first in line for system updates, likely to be supported for longer than other devices. Screen is nicely sized and crisp. Camera is underrated, in my opinion--I've taken some great photos with it.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that the att note 3 refurbished at $250 NO CONTRACT is the best bang for the buck

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I have with the Nexus, G2 and M8 is lack of replaceable battery. S5? From some of the reviews I've read, it's not worth the money over an S4, unless you plan on playing in the rain.

I love my Note 3, but if you're on AT&T or Verizon it makes the vault at Fort Knox look as if it's open to the public. We still don't have 4.4.2 rooting for it, Safestrap on 4.3 can only be used for TouchWiz ROMs and Safestrap on 4.4.2 can only handle a single ROM (and only TouchWiz). But if you have no plans to do mods, or if you're not on those carriers, it's a great phone, if a bit large for some hands. (I'm not the kind who has to be able to do everything with one hand, so I don't mind the size. I actually need it with my old eyes.)

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I would get the S4 or S5..
so you don't have to worry about learning everything again with
the phone and also better camera then that you have now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs