Ringtone volume problem - Samsung ace 3 duos - android 4.2.2

pamberi

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks

A little help if possible please.

I have the above phone which seems to have a problem in that fairly often (about 40/50% of the time) I miss a call because I did not hear the phone ring. This happens when I don't feel the vibration (e.g. when I'm on a bus). When I check the volume setting it will be set almost at the lowest volume. The only reason I can think of is that I am decreasing the volume while digging in the same pocket as my phone. That doesn't feel right as this is the 4th Samsung I've had and never had this problem before.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try putting the phone in your pocket the other way around. If that stops the problem, your diagnosis is correct. The Volume Down button on this phone may be a little easier to push than the ones on the phones you've had before. You have other choices - a belt case, a belt pouch, a shirt pocket, etc.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want to invest a little more money and a lot more effort in learning, Tasker can change volume at set times and ignore the set volume if you tell it to (until a certain time or until you tell it to start taking control again, or just about anything you can think of). It's almost as good as knowing how to write your own app (and a lot easier than learning programming).

William Higgins

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Belt cases or turning phone around or whatever. I doubt these will solve anything. I have had this problem on every phone I have had and it's extremely irritating. Any other answers?