Save apps and games on the cloud to saves storage? Moto G

AdreesInator

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, this is my first thread :)

Ok, so I have a Motorola Moto G 8GB which is running very low on storage (only about 800mb left). This phone does not take Micro SD cards but it comes with 50GB Google Drive storage. However i haven't used this at all. I am wondering whether i could download android apps and games to google drive, dropbox etc. Games like Real Racing take up about 1GB so i cannot download it to my phone. Can i download it to the Cloud?
If this is not possible, is there any way that i could save the app data on the cloud. E.g. The Simpsons: Tapped Out is about 37mb to download off the play store, but then you must download the updates etc which are about another 250mb. is there anyway to save this 250mb on the cloud. Or any other games data.
If i am not making any sense, i apologize.

Thanks
AdreesInator

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, that's not possible. This is why I usually recommend at least 16 GB of ROM when shopping for a phone.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

AdreesInator

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
What about the app data thing, I am sure that I read somewhere online that this was possible.

What is the point of giving away 50GB of Google drive data then? What is the purpose of it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Saving app data to the cloud depends on the app. Some apps will save to their own cloud, some will backup data to your Google account. Certain office productivity apps can integrate with your Google Drive or other cloud accounts.

The point of Google Drive is for you to save files, like documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. It's intended to be a substitute for an external drive, not your internal storage.