Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By srkmagnus
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  • 3 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I just drag and drop my mp3's into the phone without using software ?

I connected my LGG2 phone to the PC and just copied over folders that contain mp3's in the phone music folder if I remember correctly and the music played fine. So am I suppose to use software of sorts though ? What method do most people use to get music on their phone ? that's assuming their like me and have mp3's on their PC and want to put them on their phone. thanks

Global Posts
    9,144 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Should I just drag and drop my mp3's into the phone without using software ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott111 View Post
    I connected my LGG2 phone to the PC and just copied over folders that contain mp3's in the phone music folder if I remember correctly and the music played fine. So am I suppose to use software of sorts though ? What method do most people use to get music on their phone ? that's assuming their like me and have mp3's on their PC and want to put them on their phone. thanks
    Programs are available to let you sync or transfer media. There's no problem with manually moving files over if that works for you. There's really no right means of doing this, only preferences.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.

Default Re: Should I just drag and drop my mp3's into the phone without using software ?

Dragging and dropping is totally fine, and is the easiest way, as long as you're not interested in an actual sync (i.e., automatically have your device update new songs and delete songs that you added or subtracted from your computer). Syncing requires 3rd party software.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    srkmagnus and Golfdriver97 like this.

I'm a drag and drop kind of guy
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    22,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Ditto on drag and drop.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    6,168 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Just be careful that you don't have the phone connected to the computer through a hub and try to drop 500 songs at once. USB tends to fail with huge data transfers, and hubs make it worse. But whether you use an app or just drag & drop (which is actually using a program on your computer) makes no difference - the same file will show up on the phone.

The only problem you may run into is a song or video that's in a file format that your computer has a program to run but your phone doesn't. Then you either convert it on the computer and copy the converted file to the phone, or find an app for the phone that plays that kind of file. (For instance, you may not have an app on your phone that will play FLAC files. If that happens, or you're on 4.4.2, try Neutron. It not only does FLAC [which 4.4.2 does natively, but there's a bug in the codec], it uses its own codec. And it's free.)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ok thanks