Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Any File browser/copy utility that allows copying to the SD card?

I am using the ES File Explorer on my HTC One M8, but it doesn't allow me to copy pictures on my SD card. Root Explorer also not. Is it because of Kitkat? Are there any other file browsers that allow copying stuff to the SD card?
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air 64GB Cellular White/Silver, HTC One M8 Gunmetal gray
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Any File browser/copy utility that allows copying to the SD card?

I found this: Total Commander - Android

It woke up some memories in me

It works, but I am looking for a file browser that also supports Dropbox. The idea is to be able to copy files from dropbox to the sd card.
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air 64GB Cellular White/Silver, HTC One M8 Gunmetal gray

Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Thanks for the links. File Explorer has the same issue, but the HD version apparently not. I will test it now.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

File Manager stopped working again with SD cards. This is really frustrating..I know it's something that Kitkat changed, but I thought it was just the API that needed to be addressed differently..

Global Posts
    5,522 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Use ES File Explorer to create a folder on the SD card. Then it can write to that folder. Unless you have rooted file manager, it can't write to a folder owned by another app or by the system (which is what I suspect 4.4.2 does, although I won't let that mess near my phone).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I can create a folder but cannot copy anything from Dropbox to it..Only if I connect my device to my Mac and copy from there