Connecting a Wacom tablet to a Nexus 7 (2013)?

Kwio

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I'm new here, so I hope this hasn't already been asked too many times lol.
Anyway, I've heard that the Nexus 7 used to be compatible with Wacom drawing tablets, until the 4.2 update, and that rooting should allow me to bypass this problem.

I have just rooted my Nexus (first root ever, was pretty anxious xD), but I don't know what else I have to do to connect the Wacom lol. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks for any help! :D
Edit : Nooooo, auto-correct screwed up Wacom in the title xD, I guess I can't edit that part?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Connecting a Wacton tablet to a Nexus 7 (2013)?

Doesn't matter - most of us are fluent in Typonese.

The Wacom is probably USB, so you'd need an OTG cable. Look on Amazon or in eBay. You shouldn't spend more than about $5. (I think I paid a little over $2 for mine including shipping.)

Kwio

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

I had already grabbed an otg cable before rooting, I tried connecting and the only thing that happens is the Wacom's light turns on lol. No response from the Nexus :(.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Contact Wacom's tech support. Rooting may allow you to do something that will make the phone see the pad, but rooting itself has nothing to do with USB, the pad or any hardware - it just allows you to attain superuser status. So if there's some modification that will allow you to use the pad, and it has to be done to a file that can only be modified by its owner and superuser, rooting would allow you to make the modification. Wacom may know what you have to do - they may even have a site with instructions. But since I haven't used a pad of that type in about 17 years I'd have no idea what needs to be done to make the phone recognize the pad.

Kwio

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Ah ok, yeah I'll try and find out. Thanks for your help ^^.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234