How to find phone

jamak

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Still relatively new, I have a Samsung Ring thru Virgin. I saw a techie on TV say that androids that are lost/stolen can be found with settings. I went into Location services and saw 3 different choices, all were on.
If so:
How would I find my phone through computer and/or landline phone? Is this protection sufficient?
I know there's Find Phone apps but what do they do that the android doesn't?

jamak

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Just trying to find out what's best, and Samsung doesn't really give much information on this except that it has its own, which I mentioned. I tended to leave my cellphone in my car or cafes as I don't really use cell/smartphones that much, working at home where I use my landline about 90%.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
With apps like Cerberus, Lookout, or AndroidLost you can remotely track your phone on a map, make it scream, send messages to its screen, trigger the camera, wipe it, etc. etc.
I rely on the free app AndroidLost, which you can install on the device AFTER you lost it!

Of course you can also install AndroidLost now, before you lose the device, if you want to test the app's efficacy.

jamak

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't braved this new world of apps, I have google acct but can I create a new one for my phone, I already have several accts for Google and don't want to mix them up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can use Google's own Android Device Manager, which is a part of all Android devices. Go to Settings>Security>Device administrators, and check the box for Android Device Manager. Then go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager to see how you can remotely locate or wipe your device. In order for your phone to be located, some kind of location service has to be on. GPS is obviously the most accurate, but wifi and/or mobile data will work as well.