Samsung S3 Verizo Phone keeps freezing, no tap response, and very hot.
IN the last week my phone freezes within a few minutes of use. I mean no response at all to any taps, won't turn off even when pressing and holding the power button, nor will the power off menu appear. Then if I leave it on, within just a few minutes it overheats so badly it feels like I put it under a heat lamp. Tried everything I can think of with no results at all. This is the first time I have had any problems with this. I need the phone for work and some every elderly family members so I need it to work again. All is stock, with no tampering in any way at all.
What do you recommend, besides taking it in to a Verizon store?
- 04-22-2014, 11:47 PM #2
Re: Samsung S3 Verizo Phone keeps freezing, no tap response, and very hot.
A couple of things to try first:
1. Check the battery. Remove it, place it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins easily, it's bulging in the middle, which means it's going bad. Try a new battery.
2. Remove the SD card (if present) and reboot. A corrupt card can cause various problems.
If those solutions don't work, try wiping the cache partition. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
- By FuzzieKiwi in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 05-15-2014, 03:05 AM
- By HapyyGoku in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 04-25-2014, 05:24 PM
- By blackdogAC in forum HTC One M8Replies: 8Last Post: 04-24-2014, 12:19 PM
- By robsawalker in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 4Last Post: 04-23-2014, 07:41 AM
- By mmmcheesedanish in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2014, 04:28 PM