Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Unhappy Samsung S3 Verizo Phone keeps freezing, no tap response, and very hot.

IN the last week my phone freezes within a few minutes of use. I mean no response at all to any taps, won't turn off even when pressing and holding the power button, nor will the power off menu appear. Then if I leave it on, within just a few minutes it overheats so badly it feels like I put it under a heat lamp. Tried everything I can think of with no results at all. This is the first time I have had any problems with this. I need the phone for work and some every elderly family members so I need it to work again. All is stock, with no tampering in any way at all.

What do you recommend, besides taking it in to a Verizon store?

Thanks much.

Default Re: Samsung S3 Verizo Phone keeps freezing, no tap response, and very hot.

A couple of things to try first:

1. Check the battery. Remove it, place it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins easily, it's bulging in the middle, which means it's going bad. Try a new battery.

2. Remove the SD card (if present) and reboot. A corrupt card can cause various problems.

If those solutions don't work, try wiping the cache partition. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung S3 Verizo Phone keeps freezing, no tap response, and very hot.

Thanks very much for the help.