I fixed it!! (copy/paste reboot issue on some Samsung devices)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Interesting fix. I would not have thought to load a different keyboard. Which one did you use, in case someone tries this and can't duplicate the results?

I am going to arrange to have a Mod move this to the Samsung section or General Help and How to.

In the meantime, Have you said hello to the rest of the community? Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked. Can you provide more details like what device(s) this works for?

I have used the s3,note 2, note 3, and Galaxy victory, and none would reboot when copying every time. When copying many times, it would occasionally reboot, but very rarely.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Cayne23

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry im just so excited, hi everyone
This is on my s4. I didn't load another keyboard really. I just went into the keyboard setting menu. I updated the english language for the keyboard. I also noticed tgat other languages needed updating too, but those dont get used by me. Oh, and I also turned off being able to swipe to spell. Then I went the my text messaging, started a text, hold down the mic button, clipboard opens, no rebooting. Have copied and pasted at least a hundred things since, trying to provoke a reboot. Nothing. Works like it should. Awesome. I just ran into this problem yesterday and after plenty of research, I learned of this samsung epidemic. Then I learned how to fix it, lol. I hope this helps everyone and works for all samsung products

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci