Everything but simple...

simongalp

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So I'm new to the Android family. About a month ago I made the switch from AT&T to Verizon and got the Droid X as my phone. I've been using it for a while and have since installed Launcher Pro and did my best to customize the phone to my liking. I'm disappointed, though.

The phone is glitchy. Droid doesn't do...it processes. I touch for my browser and instead of opening, it loads...and then opens. I unlock the lockscreen, it loads...then unlocks. It freezes when it loses GPS signal and pressing the Home button gets me no where but to the land of endless frustration.

In summary, I was excited because I thought Droid does. I thought I could customize my phone to do anything and everything I wanted it to and while the combinations are endless and intriguing, I just want my phone to be simple, sort of like my old iPhone 3G: intuitive and easy to use. I feel like there are so many menus to go through whenever I want to get something done that I might as well me banging my head against a wall.

What can I do to make the use of the phone more seemless? Will trading it for a Droid Incredible help alleviate some of my frustration or am I stuck for the next two years?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I would reccomend asking this in the Droid X board here. You will get better answers. I don't have a Droid X, so I can't be of any help here.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
In summary, I was excited because I thought Droid does. I thought I could customize my phone to do anything and everything I wanted it to and while the combinations are endless and intriguing, I just want my phone to be simple, sort of like my old iPhone 3G: intuitive and easy to use.
You should really research your purchases rather than buy into marketing hype. If you want iPhone ease of use then why wouldn't you go with an iPhone? Pick the device that suits you. That's what it's all about.

Will trading it for a Droid Incredible help alleviate some of my frustration or am I stuck for the next two years?
Not if you have unrealistic expectations of the Droid Incredible as well.