My Samsung S3 Mini thinks I've more downloads stored than actually are

drummerg

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm not very techy but my Samsung S3 mini tells me there is not enough storage space. The total space is 4.55GB with only 189MB available. Apps, pictures, audio, misc total approx 800MB. Downloads show 3.47GB. On the face of it, this seems logical. Except, when I go to the list of downloads I have - all under "Other Downloads" the total is 84MB. As I say, I'm no techy but I can add up and this doesn't make sense. I've tried the *#9900# solution found on this site elsewhere but that didn't help. Can someone help me please?

drummerg

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've now tried that but it hasn't helped. It seems that every time I download something the phone adds that to the amount of storage taken up but doesn't reduce when I delete a download.... Any other ideas?? Many thanks for the guide btw - I wouldn't have known where to start otherwise :)
So, any ideas what else I could try? I see there's a back up and reset option under settings. Any chance that would help? What are the chances of me loosing all my contacts? I'm self employed and use my phone for work so am rather nervous about loosing client numbers.

Last edited:

drummerg

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Whoo hoo!! good news. I have been given (from elsewhere) the solution. I went into my files/all files/downloads/onecast and deleted everything. My phone is now functioning again. This may not be rocket science for some people but it has made my day!! I hope this helps other non-techies out there. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy