Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fsfty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default possibly lost texts? New to Android m8 from iP5

i switched from an ATT ip5 to a tmobile one m8 last thursday and have noticed a lack of texts. at first i thought i was unpopular suddenly but now i know at least one of my contacts texted me without it reaching me. on their end it still said i was on iMessage. im curious if this means i may have lost a number of texts during the transition.

so far the only people to text me are ones i texted first. thoughts, anyone? are there undelivered texts floating in the aether? can i retrieve them?

Default Re: possibly lost texts? New to Android m8 from iP5

If you didn't turn off iMessage on your iphone, you won't get any texts at all. If you don't have the iphone anymore, you will have to unregister your phone number with Apple either on their website or by calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    17,442 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mboon1985 View Post
    i switched from an ATT ip5 to a tmobile one m8 last thursday and have noticed a lack of texts. at first i thought i was unpopular suddenly but now i know at least one of my contacts texted me without it reaching me. on their end it still said i was on iMessage. im curious if this means i may have lost a number of texts during the transition.

so far the only people to text me are ones i texted first. thoughts, anyone? are there undelivered texts floating in the aether? can i retrieve them?
    It may also take some time for iMessage to deactivate, too.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    If you didn't turn off iMessage on your iphone, you won't get any texts at all. If you don't have the iphone anymore, you will have to unregister your phone number with Apple either on their website or by calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks guys. on apple's support profile page my number was still listed but neither sms or voice were checked. i deleted them. is this what you mean? or will i have to call apple to super-undo it?

is it possible to retrieve msgs that went undelivered? there havent been any imessage enabled devices on my account since last monday.