Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Camera Failed after using Volshutter: Replacement app?

Hey everyone. I'm sort of at a loss now, completely frustrated with my stupid phone.

Basically, yesterday I downloaded Volshutter for my Samsung s3 to be able to take photos by clicking the volume button (a reasonable request). After learning the app doesn't allow you to use your frontfacing camera, I uninstalled it.

Ever since, my normal camera program that comes with the Samsung s3 has had the "Camera Failed" warning open up every time I boot the app. I've:
    • Turned it on and off again
    • Removed the battery for hours
    • Cleared the cache via the *Turn phone off* *Home+Volume+Power Button* method
    • Reset to Factory settings

I don't know what else I can do, the app seems to have corrupted the very being that is my phone, physically perhaps. I'm hesitant to go to a Best Buy Geek because I'm pretty positive this is all you can do to a phone to reset its programs.

TL;DR I need an app that will function much like the original camera app for the Samsung s3, complete with front facing camera options, preferably free. Help?!

Global Posts
    20,293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Camera Failed after using Volshutter: Replacement app?

Go to Best Buy. Ask where the Samsung desk is. Talk to the Samsung people. (Don't mention the app you installed.) Most BB Geek Squad members are salespeople, not trained technicians.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smashrobot3zo View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm sort of at a loss now, completely frustrated with my stupid phone.

Basically, yesterday I downloaded Volshutter for my Samsung s3 to be able to take photos by clicking the volume button (a reasonable request). After learning the app doesn't allow you to use your frontfacing camera, I uninstalled it.

Ever since, my normal camera program that comes with the Samsung s3 has had the "Camera Failed" warning open up every time I boot the app. I've:

I don't know what else I can do, the app seems to have corrupted the very being that is my phone, physically perhaps. I'm hesitant to go to a Best Buy Geek because I'm pretty positive this is all you can do to a phone to reset its programs.

TL;DR I need an app that will function much like the original camera app for the Samsung s3, complete with front facing camera options, preferably free. Help?!
    Try the free app 'A Better Camera'.

Global Posts
    31,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by smashrobot3zo View Post

Have you tried clearing data in the Camera? Go to Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to camera>click clear data. See if that helps.