picture SIZE: transferring from PC to galaxy S4. I get broken pic icon when viewing pics on my S4

mad555

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have searched for a long time with no answers. I take pictures with my regular camera. Put the pics on my PC. I then want to transfer them to my phone and when I try to view them on my phone, I get the broken picture icon. The phone's largest picture that it will take is 4128x3096. The pictures I am transferring are 4608x3456. Is this the reason why I can not view these pics on my phone? I transferred with media setting and camera setting when the phone was hooked up to the PC. It gave me the same result with the broken pic icon. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
One of two problems. Either the picture is too large for the app you're trying to view it with or you transferred a shortcut, not the actual picture file.

mad555

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
One of two problems. Either the picture is too large for the app you're trying to view it with or you transferred a shortcut, not the actual picture file.
Thank you for the reply. I know I am not transferring a shortcut. I resized a larger picture to the phone specs and it worked fine with gallery, my files. Is there any app that would show larger picture specs on the galaxy s4 or is the largest pictures it will let you view is the same size that the camera on the phone takes?

thewatrb0y

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I use QuickPic and have never had an issue with pictures being too large but I also don't transfer large photos like you. I personally can't stand the stock Android Gallery app.

mad555

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
thanks again for the reply. I tried that app and it will not show the bigger pics. I would be surprised if the galaxy s4 would not let me view my pics with some app. even if there was a app to automatically resize my large pics to be shown on my S4, that would work. I have too many pics I want to put on my phone to resize each one manually.
Thanks again

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are resizing programs that you can run on your computer (they're command-line programs, not Windowed programs) that you can tell to resize *.*, and they'll do the entire folder of pictures. (It may take many hours, but that's computer time, you can be out fishing while it gets done.) Many of them can be given a size to resize to, without a size to resize from, so they'll do what you need with about 5 minutes of your time, regardless of how many pictures you have (assuming you have the disk space available).