LG Optimus L9 says I have a message

Kirby Reynolds

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My LG Optimus L9 says I have a multimedia message, but when I click on it, it just brings up a blank text. I have tried all the force stop tricks, and I cannot find a badgeprovider app at all. I have no idea what is going on, and since i just updated the system last night, the message keeps popping up, and leaving my backlight screen on. It's draining my battery extremely fast, and I cannot figure how to make that stop, without just turning my notifications off. If you have any idea how I can fix this I would really appreciate the help, especially since its been happening since December!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Setting>Apps>All, and look for the Messaging app (it might go under a different name). Select it, then Clear Cache and Data. Then open the Messaging app again and see if that notification is gone.

Posted via Android Central App

Kirby Reynolds

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have done that a million times! Nothing seems to work, it will disappear for a few minutes and then i'll get a text, check it, and then the multimedia symbol is right back in my notification bar. It never seems to go away. I am on the verge of a factory reset, but i'd really only like to do that as a last resort!Q

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your mobile data on when the notification comes up, or only wifi? MMS won't download if mobile data isn't on.

Posted via Android Central App

Kirby Reynolds

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My mobile data is always on, I hardly ever turn my wifi on. It's only just started causing problems with the update. I was just going to live with it, because i could clear my notification bar and it would just not show up until i got a text, no big deal. Since the update though, if I try to clear it it pops right back up, and if I try to just turn my screen off it just automatically lights up no matter how many times i push the button to close it. Since it's doing that, it is draining my battery very fast. I got up this morning and by 2 i was already on 15% which is not normal at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be time to consider a full factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Kirby Reynolds

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I figured as much, I went ahead and did one. Everything seems to be working properly now! Thank you so much for the suggestions I was going insane trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

Michael Wagner8

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem, it began after receiving a multi-media message from an unknown number about two weeks ago, so I assumed it was some bizarre virus. I just today received an update to android 4.1.2, which fixed that problem, however now my phone will not go to sleep and drains the battery in about an hour.

Jen Glass Urbany

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
My L9 did the exact same thing months ago and I wound up doing a factory reset. It worked for a while but was a major pain having to re-download all my apps, etc. Now the same thing is happening again. It pops up everytime I receive a text message and the only way to clear it is to do a force stop on the messaging app. I have also tried clearing the cache and data, but that did absolutely nothing. It's obviously not just my phone so what could the problem be and how do I fix it permanently?? Please help, this is extremely frustrating! Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith