My LG Optimus L9 says I have a multimedia message, but when I click on it, it just brings up a blank text. I have tried all the force stop tricks, and I cannot find a badgeprovider app at all. I have no idea what is going on, and since i just updated the system last night, the message keeps popping up, and leaving my backlight screen on. It's draining my battery extremely fast, and I cannot figure how to make that stop, without just turning my notifications off. If you have any idea how I can fix this I would really appreciate the help, especially since its been happening since December!
    04-26-2014 05:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Setting>Apps>All, and look for the Messaging app (it might go under a different name). Select it, then Clear Cache and Data. Then open the Messaging app again and see if that notification is gone.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-26-2014 07:02 PM
    I have done that a million times! Nothing seems to work, it will disappear for a few minutes and then i'll get a text, check it, and then the multimedia symbol is right back in my notification bar. It never seems to go away. I am on the verge of a factory reset, but i'd really only like to do that as a last resort!Q
    04-26-2014 07:09 PM
    Is your mobile data on when the notification comes up, or only wifi? MMS won't download if mobile data isn't on.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-26-2014 07:18 PM
    My mobile data is always on, I hardly ever turn my wifi on. It's only just started causing problems with the update. I was just going to live with it, because i could clear my notification bar and it would just not show up until i got a text, no big deal. Since the update though, if I try to clear it it pops right back up, and if I try to just turn my screen off it just automatically lights up no matter how many times i push the button to close it. Since it's doing that, it is draining my battery very fast. I got up this morning and by 2 i was already on 15% which is not normal at all.
    04-26-2014 07:29 PM
    It might be time to consider a full factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    04-26-2014 08:15 PM
    I figured as much, I went ahead and did one. Everything seems to be working properly now! Thank you so much for the suggestions I was going insane trying to figure out what was wrong with it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-26-2014 11:07 PM
    I have had the same problem, it began after receiving a multi-media message from an unknown number about two weeks ago, so I assumed it was some bizarre virus. I just today received an update to android 4.1.2, which fixed that problem, however now my phone will not go to sleep and drains the battery in about an hour.
    04-30-2014 02:16 PM
    My L9 did the exact same thing months ago and I wound up doing a factory reset. It worked for a while but was a major pain having to re-download all my apps, etc. Now the same thing is happening again. It pops up everytime I receive a text message and the only way to clear it is to do a force stop on the messaging app. I have also tried clearing the cache and data, but that did absolutely nothing. It's obviously not just my phone so what could the problem be and how do I fix it permanently?? Please help, this is extremely frustrating! Thanks.
    09-06-2014 03:54 PM