Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble Downloading E-mails

Most functions of my new Galaxy S-4 work fine, but e-mails from both of my accounts fail to load reliably or promptly. I click on the recycle button under "combined inbox" or under each account's inbox, and it pauses for a second as if looking - and then nothing happens (even though I know there are e-mails still on the server). Much later, perhaps, the messages may be downloaded spontaneously.

I know the account settings are correct because they load *sometimes*. I know the problem isn't with the servers because the e-mails load instantly to my computer. I know it's not due to my wireless or 4G network because I'm able to do other things on the phone. I thought the issue might be with the sync settings, but I've tried "manual" and "every 15 minutes," and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

What can I do to make sure e-mail is pulled down right away, either manually or on its own? Thanks.

Global Posts
    5,951 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Trouble Downloading E-mails

Make it "never". That sets it to Google Push Service. When the email arrives, it gets pushed to your phone. (If it's a Gmail account. For other accounts, the best bet is to use their email apps.) And make sure you have the account set to an IMAP account, not a POP3 account. (That's in the account's incoming server settings.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Trouble Downloading E-mails

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping to use an e-mail client that combined messages from different accounts, as I do on my computers, rather than a separate app for each.
    Also, why would I change the phone's settings to IMAP if the actual accounts are POP3?