Samsung S3... Phone can't find SD card anymore

jayse

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had my S3 for just over a year, never dropped it or anything like that. About a week ago when I woke up and looked at my notifications I had a triangle up at the top (like a warning sign), and it said something to the extent that my SD card had been removed without unmounting it. Checked the card, it was still in there properly, so I powered down the phone several times and it still doesn't recognize my card. Some of my apps that were stored on there are no longer accessible on my phone, don't know about pics etc though.

Anyone have any advice for this issue?

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Clean the card slot, try your SD card on other device to check if it still can work. Then try other SD card on your phone, if can't work too, maybe need to send to repair the card slot.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had my S3 for just over a year, never dropped it or anything like that. About a week ago when I woke up and looked at my notifications I had a triangle up at the top (like a warning sign), and it said something to the extent that my SD card had been removed without unmounting it. Checked the card, it was still in there properly, so I powered down the phone several times and it still doesn't recognize my card. Some of my apps that were stored on there are no longer accessible on my phone, don't know about pics etc though.

Anyone have any advice for this issue?

Could be a defective SD card. A high percentage of the 64 GB ones seem to suffer from manufacturing defects. Other capacities can be defective too. of course. Check it by sticking another SD card in there. If the phone can 'see' it then the other one is 90% certain defective.