Google Maps / Navigation issues

MikeB78

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a question. I frequently take long trips where I use my HTC Evo 4G LTE as my music source, navigation, and phone. The problem is that I can keep my navigation going in the background but whenever I go out to Pandora, or anything else when I try to go back to the Navigation app it asks if I want to stop navigating and if I dont press no quick enough it stops navigating and I have to choose my destination all over again. Has anyone ever experienced this same problem, and have you found a solution? Previously I was using the stock HTC Car app and now I am using Car Home Ultra. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have no answer for the way you want to do it (on a split-screen phone it's easy), but if you use MyDirections (free at Play), choosing your destination again is about 3 presses. Open the app, press the destination (which is the entire screen width), press Navigate. The app almost makes Maps a usable GPS app. I just hope they keep updating it whenever Google ruins Maps again.

MikeB78

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually figured out my issue. I had my shortcut to Navigation which is the blue arrow. That was fine for my initial setting of the trip but each time I pressed it, it thought that I was trying to start a new trip. I changed my shortcut to Maps instead and now when I press it, i'm taken right back to my current route with no issues. The only other thing I wish I could do is get it to not shut down after too long trying to get service. If I am in a sketchy area where I lose service it will discontinue the navigation and I have to choose the destination again.