- 1 Posts
My Samsung Galaxy S2 got wet and now won't turn on.
Hello everyone, this is my first post.
So what happened is, I was holding my phone and wanted to wash my hands, so I placed my Samsung S2 next to the sink (I was pretty dumb, I should've put it inside my pocket instead. ) , and while washing my hands, the water jumped and hit my phone and my phone was about to die (1% Battery) and it died at the same time.
But my phone went to Factory Mode, you know that things like, "Factory Mode" and stuff "Don't turn off", so I didn't turn it off and waited, after that, the phone died. I tried turning it on and didn't work and so I thought, "Why am I testing it when it died?", so I tried to charge it, the phone went to the "Samsung Galaxy" thingy like the very first thing to see when you just turned it on, but then after a while, it died again, then it does it again, just repeating. I tried using a USB cable and it did the same.
What do I do? Please help me! I'm panicking right now.
- 05-02-2014, 10:48 AM #2
- 05-02-2014, 10:52 AM #3
- 2,335 Posts
Re: My Samsung Galaxy S2 got wet and now won't turn on.
Try charging it for several hours and see if that helps. You can Google for how to dry out your phone. There's a technique for putting it in a bowl full of dry rice but I don't know what the entire process entails. If you open the Phone or leave it as is I don't know or for how long. I doubt splashing a little water on it would have a bad effect not like submerging it prolly would! But I could be wrong. Good luck!
Your battery may also be bad.
Deb from my Note 3
- 05-02-2014, 11:03 AM #4
- By jeanlucpicard22 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 27Last Post: 08-09-2014, 06:21 PM
- By thepurpleturtle in forum HTC One M8Replies: 13Last Post: 05-03-2014, 10:43 AM
- By binghjs78 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 05-02-2014, 06:18 PM
- By Aussrh420 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2014, 10:15 AM
- By mamasamaki in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 0Last Post: 05-02-2014, 10:04 AM