Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best VoIP Android Application for mobile?

I am looking for VoIP application for my android phone. I found the log more with different features and benefits and confused among all.

Selected some apps from all those which i found good. below are those apps.

1. Skype
    2. Fring
    3. Line2
    4. Tango
    5. Viber
    6. Linphone
    7. Groove IP Lite
    8. CsipSimple
    9. WiCall
    10. TiKL Touch Talk Walkie Talkie
    11. Google Voice

Can any body suggest me the best from the above or anyother which i don't know and which is the best.

Default Re: Best VoIP Android Application for mobile?

Without a doubt, google hangouts for voice/video call. Both you and whoever you're calling, have to be with google +

When installed, click on icon >click on person you wish to exchange with > click on camera and off you go.

We've used it on phones/tablet & laptop. As for clarity, when we're speaking/viewing family, we hear every sound and that's with a 2yr old chattering at the same time.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hey,

Thanks Kingfisher, I will definitely try this one.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher171 View Post
    Without a doubt, google hangouts for voice/video call. Both you and whoever you're calling, have to be with google +
    I.o.w. you need to be in Google's walled garden. This easily disqualifies Hangouts from the top 10 for me. I avoid both Hangouts and + like the plague.

My fav VoIP app is Viber.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    I.o.w. you need to be in Google's walled garden. This easily disqualifies Hangouts from the top 10 for me. I avoid both Hangouts and + like the plague.

My fav VoIP app is Viber.
    You don't need to be in their "walled garden" because the applications are available on the iPhone and desktop as well. My main issue with Hangouts is that it allows voice calling on the iPhone but not on Android. I primarily use Skype but it's honestly mostly due to most of my friends using it. Once Hangouts can do voice calls on Android I'll probably use that.

I use Magic Jack and it works pretty good.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

Freedom Pop is now offering free WiFi calling with a new phone number and their WiFi calling app. It works on WiFi and 4G so far and they give you 200 minutes, 500 Texts each month. Just like their regular phone plans you can upgrade to unlimited calling (WiFi Only) and unlimited texts for $5/month. A pretty good deal if you have limited minutes on you current plan and the app works quite a bit better than any other VOIP app I've used on my phone.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac11 View Post
    I use Magic Jack and it works pretty good.
    How is magic jack on your battery? And do have any problems making ad receiving calls.

I recently changed over to Android and calls came in but I couldn't hear and similar random problems. I quickly gave up and went to Skype but magic jack is more convenient..

So how have your experiences been?

Sent from my Moto X...

It does tend to use a lot power if left running. I've never used it for receiving calls so don't know how well that aspect works.