Help a dad pick phones and providers

DCS

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Let's say that smartphone users range from a 1 (no tech savvy) to a 10 (root and rom everything).

I'm a 5, which is prolly dangerous, but so what. I'm a 5.

I'm on verizon: one phone and one mifi. I have a lg vortex. I rooted it a coupla years back and removed some vzw bloat. It still works. My 2yr contract has been over for a long time.

I need to change from 1 old phone + mifi to 2 new phones + mifi account. I want a 10gb per month shared plan.

My options are vzw or att.

The att family deal looks better up front.

I like a medium size phone - between 124mm and 138mm. My priorities are decent features, tough durable phone, android, and low price or free with 2yr contract. I don't need the fastest or the bestest of anything. I also don't want a turd phone.

Lastly, I want to be able to root it and streamline it if I feel like it. I hate all that bloat crap because I'm human, and I don't like corporations forcing me to eat their bloat sammiches.

There are so many phones out there. Help me narrow the field. Help me rationalize jumping from vzw to att.

Thanks!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X might be what you're looking for. It falls within your dimensions requirement and has nice features like active display and touchless control. It's also free with 2 year contract on AT&T.

The Moto X also has a stock-like user interface, so many Moto X owners don't feel the need to root. However, it's fairly easy to root and customize the UI.

The shared 10 GB data plan on AT&T is great. Don't need to monitor data use like when I had 3 GB plan.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow, stuck between Verizon and ATT...okay. The lazy answer would be Nexus 5 or the One? I really like my new G Flex which I believe ATT at least carries, if you haven't seen one try how it feels. Ya kinda need manhands, I assume the other phone needs to be smaller but a surprising number of women like the Mega so who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781