Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia M Rooting

Hey everyone. I'm new to Android, and I bought an Xperia M for my travels this summer. I'm adding a lot of apps that I will need to stay in contact with friends and family at my destination and back home in the States.

I am thinking about rooting my device so that I can move some apps to my External SD card. Does anyone know of a way that I can do this without destroying my phone?

Thanks.

Default Re: Xperia M Rooting

You can do that by using the Gandalf exploit in Framaroot.apk. If you don't know what I'm talking about just Google:
    "root xperia m xda framaroot" and open the first XDA Developers link, it has the download link as well as the instructions.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is this what you are talking about? Full Root for Sony Xperia M c1904 & c1905 models on JB 4.1 - xda-developers

I did some more searching, and it seems like that doesn't work with 4.3.

Sorry for the n00bish questions, but I am a total n00b; just getting into Android and the smartphone universe.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have been reading and reading and I just don't understand it. is there an easier way to do this like a rooting app?