- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
sd mounting from computer issue
Sorry if it's a known issue, but I did some research and I didn't find anything.
I have a HTC one SV , which once connected in MTP to my computer will not let me access the contents of the external sd-card. Not really confortable to put and retrieve Music and photos.
When I connect it it's mounting on my pc with 2 directories inside :
-> internal memory
- > sdcard But which is actually , the internal phone storage
/the sdcard works properly and is mounted in the phone file system as sdcard2/. But no sdcard2 or something like that (for the real SD).
Is this due to a recent update or something?
As I have no SD card read on my laptop , now to recover the photos, I must:
create an FTP server, connect to it with the aid of a file manager app to put photos on my computer ... slightly painful in 2014
An idea , any advice to debug? Thank you in advance
- 05-05-2014, 02:15 AM #2
Re: sd mounting from computer issue
Welcome to Android Central! I would suggest buying a USB plugin SD card reader for your laptop, which should be pretty inexpensive. Then you can unmount and remove your SD from the phone and insert it into the card reader on the laptop.
Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
- By Brian Pierson in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 11-04-2014, 10:55 PM
- By Carsten Pedersen in forum HTC One M8Replies: 6Last Post: 09-03-2014, 04:23 AM
- By AndriodAK in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 8Last Post: 05-13-2014, 03:59 PM
- By amazondrone in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 05-06-2014, 01:19 PM
- By allen silfies in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 05-05-2014, 04:34 AM