- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
Safe transaction in the Marketplace
Hello! I registered just to ask some questions about the process of buying a phone from a mobilenations member in the Marketplace. We want to do it via paypal.
First of all, what information should I ask from the seller (personal information, details regarding the device itself)? How do I know if the seller has positive reputation regarding cellphone sales here?
How should I proceed, what measures should I take to make sure it isn't a scam, or, if it is, how do I make sure there's enough proof from my side to prove that I have been scammed? How should the payment be made (I heard some of the sellers request the "gift" type of payment).?
Have there been reported cases of scams, or is there a blacklist here that informs us members of which users have had problems in the past?.
Thanks, and sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this.
- 05-05-2014, 01:11 AM #2
Re: Safe transaction in the Marketplace
You may try to contact a moderator and ask them about the individual. Things to ask the person is their full name, address, phone number, how long they have had the device, is it locked or unlocked, why they are selling it, do they have the original packaging and accessories ...stuff like that. Send a private message to a moderator and ask about the individual. Guaranteed that if the person ever ran a scam that they and their IP address would be banned from these forums. Also a person selling something in the Market Place has to have been a member of these forums for a certain amount of time. I hope I was of some help to you. Good luck!
- By srfoot in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 14Last Post: 09-01-2016, 05:44 PM
- By LJ Washington in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 05-07-2014, 04:15 PM
- By KeenAndroid3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 05-05-2014, 01:01 PM
- By abastuba99 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 05-05-2014, 10:20 AM
- By xondk in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2014, 04:17 AM