Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg C
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Safe transaction in the Marketplace

Hello! I registered just to ask some questions about the process of buying a phone from a mobilenations member in the Marketplace. We want to do it via paypal.
    First of all, what information should I ask from the seller (personal information, details regarding the device itself)? How do I know if the seller has positive reputation regarding cellphone sales here?
    How should I proceed, what measures should I take to make sure it isn't a scam, or, if it is, how do I make sure there's enough proof from my side to prove that I have been scammed? How should the payment be made (I heard some of the sellers request the "gift" type of payment).?
    Have there been reported cases of scams, or is there a blacklist here that informs us members of which users have had problems in the past?.
    Thanks, and sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this.

Global Posts
    1,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

Default Re: Safe transaction in the Marketplace

You may try to contact a moderator and ask them about the individual. Things to ask the person is their full name, address, phone number, how long they have had the device, is it locked or unlocked, why they are selling it, do they have the original packaging and accessories ...stuff like that. Send a private message to a moderator and ask about the individual. Guaranteed that if the person ever ran a scam that they and their IP address would be banned from these forums. Also a person selling something in the Market Place has to have been a member of these forums for a certain amount of time. I hope I was of some help to you. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercent View Post
    Hello! I registered just to ask some questions about the process of buying a phone from a mobilenations member in the Marketplace. We want to do it via paypal.
    First of all, what information should I ask from the seller (personal information, details regarding the device itself)? How do I know if the seller has positive reputation regarding cellphone sales here?
    How should I proceed, what measures should I take to make sure it isn't a scam, or, if it is, how do I make sure there's enough proof from my side to prove that I have been scammed? How should the payment be made (I heard some of the sellers request the "gift" type of payment).?
    Have there been reported cases of scams, or is there a blacklist here that informs us members of which users have had problems in the past?.
    Thanks, and sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this.
    Current Device: ‚Äč Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

B. Diddy likes this.