Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Default How do I get a contact to the top of the list by putting a number before their last name?

I have been able in the past to get a contact to the top of the list by putting a number before their last name.

eg: 1 Smith John

This would bring them to the top of the list. I would do this with people I want to call, etc. the most.

I have been trying to get a contact to the top of the list by putting a 1 before the last name of a contact in my contact list on my S5 and it is not bringing them to the top.

Anyone able to help me with this?

Thank you.

Global Posts
    8,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: How do I get a contact to the top of the list by putting a number before their last name?

What happens if you put the number in front of the first name with no space?

Also, you can add shortcuts to your home screen with direct dial for your frequently called contacts. Add a folder and keep them in there for quick reference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    srfoot 

Default Re: How do I get a contact to the top of the list by putting a number before their last name?

I use DW Contacts as my Contacts app. You can sort the list on Nickname which provides the opportunity to arrange the contacts in any order you choose. In the Nickname field for each contact put a number 001 to 999 to indicate sort order and then sort on Nickname. 001 at the top thru to 999 at the bottom.
    Thanked by:
    srfoot