Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,835 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Automatic Backup of Media

I'm tired of losing images from my wifes phone when a SD card dies. So I'm looking for a solution that allows me to automatically backup her media (Pictures and Videos) that we(her and I) have taken to a Mobile Personal Cloud (on my network) that is hooked up to a External Hard drive Ultimately I'd love for it to just upload from anywhere even. Yes I know of google auto backup and even Drop box but i can't be sure she is going to want one of those solutions as it'll be in the cloud... whats my options... TIA!
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

Default Re: Automatic Backup of Media

Have you considered Eye Fi? http://www.eyefi.com/

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

I have a iomega NAS drive, which I backup all picture/videos too from mine and my wife's phones. I use an app called 'sweet home WIFI Picture backup'. I have setup it up to transfer via FTP because of my NAS, can be sent manually or as I have set up whenever we plug the phone into charge.
    Nexus 5 Black 16gb

Previous : Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 : Android 4.4.2 - Cyanogen 11 Nightlies
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,835 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by RobAl33 View Post
    I have a iomega NAS drive, which I backup all picture/videos too from mine and my wife's phones. I use an app called 'sweet home WIFI Picture backup'. I have setup it up to transfer via FTP because of my NAS, can be sent manually or as I have set up whenever we plug the phone into charge.
    I was looking into this option and I like the fact that it allows this but i was hoping that I could do something also if i was not in the same town as I do have static IP's so i could do it remotely

Quote Originally Posted by major payne View Post
    I was looking into this option and I like the fact that it allows this but i was hoping that I could do something also if i was not in the same town as I do have static IP's so i could do it remotely
    This app won't work for you then, it only works on wifi, and looks for one specified connection too.
    Nexus 5 Black 16gb

Previous : Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 : Android 4.4.2 - Cyanogen 11 Nightlies
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,835 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by RobAl33 View Post
    This app won't work for you then, it only works on wifi, and looks for one specified connection too.
    Yeah So I have a synology NAS and I looked into this option of thier App which it seems to be working ok.