Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Bacup & Restore like changover device

want to changeover android device to other android device , which is the best apps-tool-pc client
    that support to restore like old device
    I want must system settings & most priority for all email account settings-information for push-exchange-imap-pop )
    trying apps - gcloud system settings taken but not restore all of old settings
    - my backup to sd card restore settings but not proper , also not support restore to other device in free version
    - Samsung kies restore only same device, email-apps-other preferences not restore to other device
    also as per google account it restore only apps not any apps data or any other settings.
    how can I take apps+data backup without root ?

Global Posts
    13,574 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Bacup & Restore like changover device

Quote Originally Posted by meashish View Post
    want to changeover android device to other android device , which is the best apps-tool-pc client
    that support to restore like old device
    I want must system settings & most priority for all email account settings-information for push-exchange-imap-pop )
    trying apps - gcloud system settings taken but not restore all of old settings
    - my backup to sd card restore settings but not proper , also not support restore to other device in free version
    - Samsung kies restore only same device, email-apps-other preferences not restore to other device
    also as per google account it restore only apps not any apps data or any other settings.
    how can I take apps+data backup without root ?
    You can't make a complete system image backup of one device and transfer to another if the devices are not the same. However, depending on if you are rooted or not, you have options:

Helium - Play Store - Does not require root; However, if you are not rooted then you will need to use a desktop client, which is provided on the website of the developer. The App does not need to be used along with the desktop client if you are rooted.

Titanium Backup - Play Store - Both require root to perform most of the backup and restore functions, such as App data.

Keep in mind that certain system level backups can't be restored to the new device without there being compatibility issues or crashes. Let us know if you have any questions.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I don't want to Root also helium app required pc or mac connection that's I don't want every time n titanium is nice but for root.
    So my main need to restore system settings email account settings n apps data if possible without root.
    Still in android os backup- restore part are missing like apple do with itunes - icloud.
    I like android os its superb customizes enable but one thing is backup all thing for restore n change over to other device.
    Also I have read google takes apps data + wifi password but I never seen when restore.

Global Posts
    22,249 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by meashish View Post
    So my main need to restore system settings email account settings n apps data if possible without root.
    Not possible.