Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to execute a google voice command from the lock screen

I'm looking for this Siri replacement.

From a dark lock screen, (with or without a lock pattern/code), I want to be able to do a long home button press and bring up the google now voice prompt so I can execute a command. I also want to be able to do the same thing with the earbuds "home" button.

If the phone has a security code, it should still be locked after the command.

If a long press is not feasible, a double/triple press would work too. Basically I want to be able to dial by voice while I'm riding my bike, without taking th phone out.
  2. Best Answer

This option is available in Android KitKat. I am using Nexus 5. Go to Google Now -> Settings -> Voice -> "OK Google" Detection and select all the options, From Google Search app, From any screen and From lock screen. This will enable you to use Google Now even if the phone is locked.

Default Re: Execute a google voice command from the lock screen

This option is available in Android KitKat. I am using Nexus 5. Go to Google Now -> Settings -> Voice -> "OK Google" Detection and select all the options, From Google Search app, From any screen and From lock screen. This will enable you to use Google Now even if the phone is locked.