- 5 Posts
Phone nearly bricked lost twrp recovery 2 days Help!
Hi all. Not new to flashing ROMS but here is what happened:
Phone: LG G2 Verizon
Installed Mulladus ROM new KitKat 4.4 but forgot Gapps
In process I tried to use TWRP recovery but it is now dead. Phone boots with latest Mulladus ROM 4.4 but can't install playstore as is cuz it is a catch 22 I have no playstore. I have no file manager to try and get an APK on phone to flash flashify TWRP or CWM. Tried using SDK tools to try and push an APK on the phone but it simply won't recognize the device even when I install the google USB driver which is needed for ADB. Is there an MD5 utility for the LG G2? hours in and the only thing I can use phone for is calling and texting. How ironic huh? Appreciate any help thanks UPDATE got latest TWRP on it came to life tried restoring backup but it wont boot and now nothing will bootup.
- 05-09-2014, 11:20 PM #2
- 5 Posts
Re: Phone nearly bricked lost twrp recovery 2 days Help!
I can and could but every time I tried to open a downloaded apk it said it couldn't open file. Finally I was able to find File Mgr from a site in which it would execute without error. Then downloaded Flashify and flashed latest twrp and got into recovery. Now have Malladus ROM 4.4.2 running nicely on phone. Not sure why TWRP failed but since it was during the ROM process who knows anything can go awry. Alls good GolfDriver! Wow I had Galaxy S3 too! Wow the Note 4 could be appealing with potential 4K display.
- 05-11-2014, 08:15 AM #4
- By thof68 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2014, 03:57 PM
- By bean_counter in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM
- By KLIMAXX in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 05-12-2014, 11:14 AM
- By khainguyen97 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 05-09-2014, 06:50 PM
- By nmurphy19 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 05-09-2014, 05:38 PM