Lose everything after restarts

Donnie Marshburn

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a Trio Stealth H-10 (MST10-21) that has the android 4.1.1 version software. Two days ago after I had finished using the tablet, I shut the tablet off. Upon restarting the tablet it started very slowly and the first screen that came up was asking what Language I wanted. From then on it was setting up the tablet again just like the first time it was used. I reset all the info. When I went to the app store to re-download my apps, it would not down load anything. I restarted my tablet again and everything started all over. Every time I restart the tablet, everything has to be reloaded. It seems like it is doing a factory reset every time it shuts down.
I have tried doing the usual searches and have not been able to find any thing that resembles the issues I am having. Or maybe I am not wording my searches correctly. Thank you for any help you can give.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Trio Stealth H-10 (MST10-21) that has the android 4.1.1 version software. Two days ago after I had finished using the tablet, I shut the tablet off. Upon restarting the tablet it started very slowly and the first screen that came up was asking what Language I wanted. From then on it was setting up the tablet again just like the first time it was used. I reset all the info. When I went to the app store to re-download my apps, it would not down load anything. I restarted my tablet again and everything started all over. Every time I restart the tablet, everything has to be reloaded. It seems like it is doing a factory reset every time it shuts down.
I have tried doing the usual searches and have not been able to find any thing that resembles the issues I am having. Or maybe I am not wording my searches correctly. Thank you for any help you can give.

Welcome to the forums. I am quite frankly at a loss for any kind of decent answer. If I had to guess, I would say there is some kind of error in the main memory of the device, but I am unsure of what to suggest to fix it.

The fact that you can't download anything indicates an error in Google Play Services.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am with Golfdriver on this - very confused. Can you connect the device to a computer and view the sd card contents? If so, delete everything (format is preferred) and factory reset the device manually. If the problem continues then there is likely a hardware issue causing the device to reset/reboot. I'd suggest sending back to the manufacturer for repair.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would suspect some fundamental problem with the firmware, or perhaps with the system software, that is causing frequent full factory resets. There's probably not much you can do, unless you want to try rooting it and flashing a new ROM. Not sure how well-supported your device is in the rooting community--that's one of the major downsides of getting these lesser-known devices.

Here's the support page: Support

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Reflashing the ROM will fix the problem if it's a firmware problem. If it's a hardware problem it has to go to a repair shop to get repaired. This isn't the type of problem we can give you a definitive answer for without actually having the tablet in hand.

Natasha205

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I also had this issue and proceeded to contact Trio itself.
The answer I received is that the internal flash memory is corrupt and that I needed to send in a copy of my receipt from the place I purchased it from, I am assuming that there is a warranty on it, and they would send me a replacement tablet.

I have tried to find some different resolution to this issue, seeing that I have not the receipt anymore, and have been unable to find any worthwhile solution to this problem I have.

for now, I just put the unit into sleep mode, make sure the battery is charged and pray that one day I will come across an uploadable reflash 4.1.1 file that I can put on a sdcard and reflash my internal card.

Good luck,
Natasha

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check with the store you bought it from. I know that Best Buy has no problem printing out a receipt for you for a past purchase, you just have to wait until a salesdroid is free. Other companies may be able to do the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781