Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lose everything after restarts

I have a Trio Stealth H-10 (MST10-21) that has the android 4.1.1 version software. Two days ago after I had finished using the tablet, I shut the tablet off. Upon restarting the tablet it started very slowly and the first screen that came up was asking what Language I wanted. From then on it was setting up the tablet again just like the first time it was used. I reset all the info. When I went to the app store to re-download my apps, it would not down load anything. I restarted my tablet again and everything started all over. Every time I restart the tablet, everything has to be reloaded. It seems like it is doing a factory reset every time it shuts down.
    I have tried doing the usual searches and have not been able to find any thing that resembles the issues I am having. Or maybe I am not wording my searches correctly. Thank you for any help you can give.

Global Posts
    31,611 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Lose everything after restarts

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Marshburn View Post
    I have a Trio Stealth H-10 (MST10-21) that has the android 4.1.1 version software. Two days ago after I had finished using the tablet, I shut the tablet off. Upon restarting the tablet it started very slowly and the first screen that came up was asking what Language I wanted. From then on it was setting up the tablet again just like the first time it was used. I reset all the info. When I went to the app store to re-download my apps, it would not down load anything. I restarted my tablet again and everything started all over. Every time I restart the tablet, everything has to be reloaded. It seems like it is doing a factory reset every time it shuts down.
    I have tried doing the usual searches and have not been able to find any thing that resembles the issues I am having. Or maybe I am not wording my searches correctly. Thank you for any help you can give.
    Welcome to the forums. I am quite frankly at a loss for any kind of decent answer. If I had to guess, I would say there is some kind of error in the main memory of the device, but I am unsure of what to suggest to fix it.

The fact that you can't download anything indicates an error in Google Play Services.

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I am with Golfdriver on this - very confused. Can you connect the device to a computer and view the sd card contents? If so, delete everything (format is preferred) and factory reset the device manually. If the problem continues then there is likely a hardware issue causing the device to reset/reboot. I'd suggest sending back to the manufacturer for repair.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! I would suspect some fundamental problem with the firmware, or perhaps with the system software, that is causing frequent full factory resets. There's probably not much you can do, unless you want to try rooting it and flashing a new ROM. Not sure how well-supported your device is in the rooting community--that's one of the major downsides of getting these lesser-known devices.

Here's the support page: Support

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Marshburn View Post

This is exactly what is happening to me. Was there any solution?

Global Posts
    20,172 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Reflashing the ROM will fix the problem if it's a firmware problem. If it's a hardware problem it has to go to a repair shop to get repaired. This isn't the type of problem we can give you a definitive answer for without actually having the tablet in hand.

I also had this issue and proceeded to contact Trio itself.
    The answer I received is that the internal flash memory is corrupt and that I needed to send in a copy of my receipt from the place I purchased it from, I am assuming that there is a warranty on it, and they would send me a replacement tablet.

I have tried to find some different resolution to this issue, seeing that I have not the receipt anymore, and have been unable to find any worthwhile solution to this problem I have.

for now, I just put the unit into sleep mode, make sure the battery is charged and pray that one day I will come across an uploadable reflash 4.1.1 file that I can put on a sdcard and reflash my internal card.

Good luck,
    Natasha

Global Posts
    20,172 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Check with the store you bought it from. I know that Best Buy has no problem printing out a receipt for you for a past purchase, you just have to wait until a salesdroid is free. Other companies may be able to do the same thing.