Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By spthomas
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Set "subscribe" by default

Is there a way on the forum to set the "subscribe" and "instant email" on by default? I often forget to click through these when starting or responding to posts. If I start a post, or respond to one, I always want by default to get emails on that thread.

Default Re: Set "subscribe" by default

It's in your user account settings on their website. In order to subscribe to a category or a specific topic on your phone just long press on what you want to subscribe to in the topics list and you should get a window popup with the option to subscribe.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's good to know. But what I was really looking for is a setting where, when I create a new topic, or reply to an existing one, I automatically get email for all responses. For example, I asked a question last week, and didn't hear anything via email, but today when I logged back into the website there were answers to my question. I'd forgotten to go to "advanced settings" when I created the topic and mark it "suscribed".
    "

On the desktop browser interface, click on Settings right under your username and next to your avatar (near the top of the screen), then General Settings (http://forums.androidcentral.com/pro...do=editoptions). Under "Default Thread Subscription Mode," click on the dropdown and select "Instantly, using email."
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Perfect!! Thanks B. Diddy!
    srkmagnus and B. Diddy like this.