Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Accidentally Deleted Photo Album!

Hi everyone!
    Thinking I was deleting a single photo, I accidentally deleted the camera photo album on my Droid Maxx (XT1080). It doesn't have an external memory card so I wanted to mount the phone as a disk drive and use Recuva that I have installed on my laptop. Well Recuva won't recognize the phone since I can only select MTP and PTP. I read that Google removed USB mounting? So how am I supposed to do this? I am unrooted. I was just about to backup all my photos too! Please help me!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Accidentally Deleted Photo Album!

Update: I found out how to get into developer mode and enabled USB Debugging. I still can't get the phone to show up as a drive instead of a media device.

ETA: Looked into rooting my device but then I saw you cannot root the Maxx if you have the 4.4 update (which I do). SO: I can't root it, I can't take out the memory, and I can't get Recuva on my computer to recognize it as a drive and scan it because there is not USB Mounting. What the heck happened to android? Makes me miss my rooted Thunderbolt.

Please someone tell me there is a way.