Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anomaly with Nexus 4 - modem noise

A very weird thing happened last night at about 1am. I was woken by the sound of an old school modem sound blasting out of my nexus 4. I always go to bed with my volume turned down and this morning the volume was on full. Has anyone experienced this before?

Global Posts
    8,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Anomaly with Nexus 4 - modem noise

Quote Originally Posted by Monsla View Post
    A very weird thing happened last night at about 1am. I was woken by the sound of an old school modem sound blasting out of my nexus 4. I always go to bed with my volume turned down and this morning the volume was on full. Has anyone experienced this before?
    That's very odd - could it possibly be the notification of an "urgent update" through Google Now? Was there a message on the screen when you were awaken?

Google Now allows you to enable "urgent updates", which include public alerts. The same type of setting can be found in Google Hangouts > Settings > SMS > Wireless Alerts (click on the menu then settings once you reach the Wireless Alerts option to see what alerts you may be receiving).