Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Migrated photos have time/date stamp all wrong

Hi everyone, so I just got a Nexus 5 and spent the whole of the afternoon trying to migrate my photos and videos from my GNex to the 5. I managed to move everything over, but here is where things went wrong

The metadata displays the time of the file transfer, instead of the original time/date the photo was taken. I'm OCD and a stickler for getting my files in order, so having all my pics/vids in the Gallery app display in the wrong order is really bugging me.

Initially I used My Backup Pro to move the files over, then deleted everything and transferred them from GNex -> Macbook -> Nexus 5 via Android File Transfer. Files were transferred fine, but the time/date stamp is still wrong.

I've spent too long Googling for solutions to this but I haven't been able to find any. I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to keep migrated data in order!

Thanks in advance for the suggestions

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Migrated photos have time/date stamp all wrong

It looks like this is a known issue: https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=57065

If you take a look at that source, there is a discussion amongst the users and a few solutions. Though, it appears that you may need to be rooted to get timestamps transferred over properly. If you have already moved the files then it's likely too late, and the timestamps can't be reverted back to the original dates.

If you still have original copies on the Galaxy Nexus with the correct timestamps, and are rooted, then take a look at the discussions provided in the link. Hopefully this is an issue Google fixes in future updates.