Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Network vs Wi-Fi

When I run a speedtest from my house, my 4glte(according to ookla) is twice as fast as my Wi-Fi. Both downloads and uploads. But, when I watch my slingbox on Wi-Fi its a clear image, on the network it's grainy and pixelated. Why is this if it's a faster connection on 4g? Shouldn't the picture quality be better or atleast the same?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Network vs Wi-Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mst99 View Post
    When I run a speedtest from my house, my 4glte(according to ookla) is twice as fast as my Wi-Fi. Both downloads and uploads. But, when I watch my slingbox on Wi-Fi its a clear image, on the network it's grainy and pixelated. Why is this if it's a faster connection on 4g? Shouldn't the picture quality be better or atleast the same?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Well, let me tell you one thing that the faster internet connection does means that a low quality video will be converted to high quality, I would say the picture quality depends on the video i.e. it is supporting the HD mode or not like you should have encounter in youtube when you switch the video quality to low then no matter how fast the internet connection is your video will get pixlated while if you change the video quality to HD then no matter how slow the internet connection is you will be getting good quality video (yes you need to wait a bit longer to get the buffering completed). Why don't you look onto the video a bit more closer so you can alter the video quality, I am sure there might be some option to do that.