How do I stop the sync on Whatsapp?

amitmalikjaipur

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
How to go stop sync on Whatsapp

Hi
I have a samsung galaxy grand. need to know if there is any way by which i can go offline (no sync) on whatsapp and still continue with other apps like exchange server etc on my phone. Although it is possible to stop sync in exchange server/gmail, there is no such option available in whatsapp.

Pls suggest.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to go stop sync on Whatsapp

You could disable notifications in WhatsApp (Settings -> Apps -> WhatsApp -> Uncheck "Show Notifications"). It would still download messages in the background though.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

There are apps tyhat allow an app-by-app permission settings - like App Config Free. Just set Mobile Data and Wifi for WhatsApp to off. (You may also have to install something to stop the notifications from WhatsApp that it can't connect - you may get flooded with them.)

AndroidTechH3lP

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I had some good features to kill whatsapp on lava iris (some model) but note 3 SUCKS for this..
Bad decision to switch from blackberry ? or I am very new..

sorry for lame reply... but i am very new to android.. (just test iris for few days, but lack of power) using blackberry for years and now on note 3..

Kindly help for some basic requests.
I want to use whatsapp + facebook only when i am connected to wifi, not to use when i am connected to MOBILE DATA PLAN..
As i have a huge fb list.

Regards,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781