Moving from iPhone 5 to Android device, Help. i cant decide

aliadonis

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Iv been an apple user for the last 5-6 years. And this year iv decided to move to the dark side lol I'm currently using iPhone 5 but wanting to change a bit and start using a android device.

Im having a hard time deciding which device i should go for. Can any one help me decide which one is best for me?

The features that are important to me are:
1: Camera, this is probs the most important feature. N i want the best camera phone.
2: ram and speed
3: battery life
4: a good software. (I heard touch wiz starts lagging after a while)

Any suggestions will be appreciated thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You have lots of choices--consider the new HTC One M8 or the LG G2 (or wait for the upcoming G3). The Samsung Galaxy S5 is also worth a look--I would guess that TouchWiz doesn't lag on it. The Nexus 5 is an excellent phone, but the very average battery life would probably not match your requirements.

Last edited:

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Iv been an apple user for the last 5-6 years. And this year iv decided to move to the dark side lol I'm currently using iPhone 5 but wanting to change a bit and start using a android device.

Im having a hard time deciding which device i should go for. Can any one help me decide which one is best for me?

The features that are important to me are:
1: Camera, this is probs the most important feature. N i want the best camera phone.
2: ram and speed
3: battery life
4: a good software. (I heard touch wiz starts lagging after a while)

Any suggestions will be appreciated thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jucredt5IWY

KeepSwinging

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone 5 to the S5 and I'm loving it. The only thing to be warned of is the iMessages/text bug. People with iPhones running iOS 7 probably won't be able to text you anymore. It'll keep trying to send as an iMessage even thought you don't use that anymore. I've ran through a ton of steps and even spoke with Apple a few times with no resolution. They're actually being sued over it right now and don't have a way to fix it.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If you turn OFF your iMessage a few days before you get your new Android phone you'll be fine. :) Your friends will be able to text you. It will send as an iMessage first but when it doesn't go through it'll revert it to a text message on the iPhone. After a few days, you'll be dropped from the Apple servers and you'll be ok. I would turn off iMessage on your other Apple products too just for a few days until you get your new phone and texts work properly then just turn it back on :) That's what I did.

I have an iPhone 5s right now. I traded my S4 for it.. I traded my iPhone 5 for the S4 lol. When I get back to the states I'm trading my 5s for the M8. Unless something else is out. The iPhone 6 has to be out of this world for me to get it right now. I have a Mac and an iPad and that works for me. I wish I could just carry both lol.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If you turn OFF your iMessage a few days before you get your new Android phone you'll be fine. :) Your friends will be able to text you. It will send as an iMessage first but when it doesn't go through it'll revert it to a text message on the iPhone. After a few days, you'll be dropped from the Apple servers and you'll be ok. I would turn off iMessage on your other Apple products too just for a few days until you get your new phone and texts work properly then just turn it back on :) That's what I did.

I have an iPhone 5s right now. I traded my S4 for it.. I traded my iPhone 5 for the S4 lol. When I get back to the states I'm trading my 5s for the M8. Unless something else is out. The iPhone 6 has to be out of this world for me to get it right now. I have a Mac and an iPad and that works for me. I wish I could just carry both lol.

That works most of the time, but there are cases where even a call to Apple and asking them to remove your number from Apple's servers won't help. Which is the issue they are trying to fix, and why they are getting sued.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You can go into the forums for each phone you might be considering and find out both positives and negatives. Personally, I have had a bad experience with the radios (both cell and data) on my Samsung GS3 (it is a common complaint about Samsung despite their popularity - you will have to decide if it is a problem in your area) but otherwise I really liked the package (didn't care about Touchwiz and you will want to look up the concept of alternative launchers - Nova, Apex, etc.). Right now, the best cameras on Android are the Samsung GS5, LG G2 (I would definitely wait for the G3 (launch announcement on the 27th) before I purchase anything - it should be available by July), mixed reviews on the HTC Ultrapixel (4 MP camera). Other than the Verizon Maxx models or the Note series the G2 has by far the best battery life of any Android phone on the market and an outstanding display (5.2" IPS 1080P screen) but it is going to feel large. It was the (IMHO) the best phone of 2014 and still holds up well compared to the new GS5 and HTC M8. I have a G2 and have been very happy with speed, battery life and camera. Motorola has traditionally had excellent phone hardware including the Moto X and poor cameras and the Moto X is similar in that respect. I believe you should go by carrier stores and pick up and play with all the phones you are considering. While the larger screens are great for actual use the size of the phones relative to the iPhone is going to be quite a shock in terms of single handed use.